[Lazarus] Accessing MS SQLServer database from Lazarus/FPC?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 21:05:09 CET 2011

On 20 January 2011 20:28, Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

>>Use query.ExecSQL instead of query.Open even in Delphi!
>
> Not if the stored procedure returns a recordset....

And with this whole mess I would end by saying:  And that is why you
will not see me ever use a Stored Procedure! 99.99% of the time they
contain business logic, which doesn't belong in the data layer of your
application in any case - you can't unit test that business logic.

Just my 2¢ worth...

  - Graeme -