[Lazarus] Even more radical suggestion regarding Event Queues

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Jan 21 13:36:28 CET 2011

On 01/21/2011 01:05 PM, Henry Vermaak wrote:

> As I've said in the bug report, I call
> g_main_context_wakeup(g_main_context_default) myself to wake up the
> loop.  This works perfectly, but is obviously suboptimal, since it
> need to be inside an ifdef.
Am I wrong assuming that WakeUpMainThread (which is a defined as

var
   { method proc that is called to trigger gui thread to execute a method }
   WakeMainThread : TNotifyEvent = nil;

) in fpc's classes.inc, thus something provided independent of the
underlying Widget Type should be used for that purpose ?

I understand that in the initialization phase this variable somehow is
filled with the address of a procedure that (depending on the underlying
Widget Type), is supposed to do what is necessary.

-Michael
(... hating that this is called the "GUI thread even in FPC, while it is
obvious that this is necessary in non-GUI applications that use timers
etc, as well ;). )