[Lazarus] Accessing MS SQLServer database from Lazarus/FPC?

Frank Church vfclists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 17:01:10 CET 2011

On 21 January 2011 15:40, Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 13:14:15 +0100, Vincent Snijders
> <vincent.snijders at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >This is off topic, please use lazarus-other list.
>
> My question was why a database component that ships with *lazarus*
> would not work with a perfectly legitimate SQL command (which we have
> used for years in Delphi with ADO).
>
> I assumed at first that I was doing something illegal or so for
> lazarus/fpc so I asked here. Did not think it would be off-topic.
>
> Is there a list of acceptable topics somewhere so one could check
> before posting?

To get back on topic:

Quite a number of Lazarus components are not designed as a toolkit to serve
a wide range of programmer needs. It is clear that a number of them are
developed for the programmers own needs. Even if they are capable enough to
serve your needs, those features may not be well documented.

They turn out to be 'useful enough' for many others and are included in the
Lazarus package.

If sqldb cannot serve your needs, or that aspect is not well documented or
lacks examples, try zeoslib. I have used zeoslib, which has been around for
a long time, and I suspect it will be capable of what you want.

PS. You can also check the forum for more sqldb examples.

--

> Bo Berglund
> Developer in Sweden
>

> --