[Lazarus] Generalized DragDrop

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Jan 23 01:31:54 CET 2011

Michael Van Canneyt schrieb:

> I know about the File DND, but as far as I know, it's only on form
> level, it could be extended to any control (TFileNameEdit jumps to mind).

Windows platform requires a HWND for a file DND, that can be supplied by
any TWinControl. Other platforms can have different requirements, and we
should implement only what's possible on all platforms.

When a DragObject is used in such dragging, it contains the concrete
target control at the time of the drop. Then it's only a matter of a LCL
convention, which controls qualify as dropfiles targets, e.g. when they
have an OnDropFiles handler installed.

DoDi