[Lazarus] Generalized DragDrop

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 10:38:30 CET 2011

On 23 January 2011 02:21, Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1@****> wrote:
>> On Windows, the intra-app drag/drop is handled using OLE/DDE. On Linux,
>> there is no such thing, and I think it depends on the used desktop software
>> (KDE vs Gnome).
>> I don't know how it is done in Mac.
>
> I think that Graeme can answer this question...

I use OLE under Windows and translate mime-types to Windows CF_xxx
clipboard format. If it's a fpGUI app to fpGUI app, you can simply use
the mime-types. Under Linux I use the XDND protocol, which already
uses mime-types as standard, so no translation necessary.

I did a quick google search, and it seems under Mac OS X you can use
the Carbon Drag Manager. fpGUI doesn't officially support OS X yet, so
I don't know further details.

  - Graeme -