[Lazarus] Accessing MS SQLServer database from Lazarus/FPC?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sun Jan 23 13:19:08 CET 2011

Vincent Snijders wrote:
> 2011/1/23 Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>:
>> Attached is a possible patch. I don't have MS-SQL (doesn't run on Linux) so
>> I can't test.
>> Please apply it to packages/fcl-db/src/sqldb/sqldb.pp and report whether
>> this helped you solve your problem. If so, I will commit it to SVN.
>
> The comment is not correct, both EXEC and EXECUTE are allowed:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa258848%28v=sql.80%29.aspx

I suspect that it depends on how the client is connecting, i.e. ADO vs
ODBC etc.

I don't use MS SQL Server and I have very little incentive to research
it, but when I Googled this last night I found specific MS ODBC
information relating to EXECUTE and if I recall correctly to CALL, and
did not see anything about EXEC. I also found specific discussion of
what API within ODBC could be used for invoking stored procedures in the
most efficient way, and I presume that the client-side driver is parsing
the start of the query to decide how to handle it.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk