[Lazarus] Accessing MS SQLServer database from Lazarus/FPC?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 20:15:21 CET 2011

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 17:59:37 +0100, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 12:06:12 +0100 (CET), Michael Van Canneyt

>>Attached is a possible patch. I don't have MS-SQL (doesn't run on Linux) so I can't test.
>>Please apply it to packages/fcl-db/src/sqldb/sqldb.pp and report whether this helped you
>>solve your problem. If so, I will commit it to SVN.
>>
>>Michael.
>
>How do I apply this file to my lazarus? It appears to deal with the
>file sqldb.pp so I tried to look in my lazarus installation dir but I
>could not find this file below my main dir:
>C:\Programs\lazarus_fix_30 (where I checked out the lazarus sources)
>
>All a search found was the file registersqldb.ppu, which of course is
>not the same as what the patch targeted.

After making a search on my complete disk I found the file sqldb.pp in
the FPC2.4.2 folder tree.
That is, it was not found in the lazarus tree at all, is this OK?

After adding the new lines from the patch I want to test it, but I
don't know how I can make lazarus use the new file....
Just compiling my example again seems not to work.

What can I do to make it "take"? Do I need to compile FPC (since the
file is part of the FPC sources) or do I rebuild the lazarus itself?
Or maybe both?

I have actually no clue in this respect. I always worked in Delphi
before and there the compiler checked the files and recompiled if
needed, but with lazarus it seems like you have to do this manually...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden