[Lazarus] Generalized DragDrop

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Jan 23 21:24:44 CET 2011

Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:

> Just to be clear, the current textual data restriction in fpGUI's DND
> is simply because I haven't had time to implement the binary data
> support yet. So far, I have only implemented what was needed for our
> new project. In the near future, I'll complete the whole DND
> implementation (binary data, byte arrays, TStream and more auto-type
> conversions between mime and each OS specific formats).

It will be sufficient if you make dragging simple text work, with other
applications. Once this works, somebody else (e.g. me) can add further
support for data types.

On Windows I'd expect that an fpGUI app accepts everything what notepad
accepts, e.g. drags from Explorer, desktop icons...

BTW, I'd like comments from others, whether this discussion is of
interest to future dragging support in Lazarus as well. E.g. whether the
fpGUI approach may be added to the LCL as well, or what should work
differently there.

DoDi