[Lazarus] Accessing MS SQLServer database from Lazarus/FPC?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 08:28:05 CET 2011

Op 2011-01-24 08:43, Bo Berglund het geskryf:

> And btw I have NOT gotten a working solution to the problem of testing
> the change in sqldb.pp....

All you need to do is recompile SqlDB, no need to recompile Lazarus or
the FPC compiler!  Lazarus simply uses the compiled units *.ppu files
created by FPC when it compiled the FCL (and thus SqlDB), So when you
recompile SqlDB, make sure you install the new *.ppu files over the
existing ones - wherever they may be on your system (each developer can
have there own setup, so I can't be more specific).

Alternatively, add the SqlDB source path to your project, then when you
compile your project, it will compile the SqlDB code too - as if it was
part of your project source code.

These are all rather simple constructs any software developer should
know. Learn the tools used for your trade.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/