[Lazarus] Generalized DragDrop

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 10:44:54 CET 2011

Op 2011-01-24 10:32, michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be het geskryf:

> Drop a piece of text from wordpad on a TMemo. The text should be
> inserted at the drop point.

>From the discussion, I assume you are still referring to fpGUI
functionality (or the lack thereof). This is all on my todo list. As I
mentioned, I had to implement the basic workings of DND in a
cross-platform way in very short time (a rather tough task in it's own).
The full DND integration [as you described] with the remainder of fpGUI
widgets will follow soon. It's all about time management. ;-)

Further, I fully agree with the rest of your comments. From the end-user
(developer) point of view, DND functionality should be as easy as
possible, and with a consistent interface across all supported
platforms. No IFDEF's or OS API calls should be required from the
end-user/developer.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/