[Lazarus] problem with gtk2 Event Queue

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Jan 24 10:56:00 CET 2011

On 01/21/2011 05:57 PM, Michael Schnell wrote:
> Very funny:
>
> I did a slightly less complex test program and here
> TThread.synchronize does work as expected in gtk2.

I found that the difference is this:

If the memo that displays the messages resulting from the threads
activity (via TThread.Synchronize or via Application.QueueAsyncCall) has
the focus, the event does work. If the memo does not have the focus (as
another control element on the Form or the Window of another application
has the GUI focus) the queued Events do get handled in the main (GUI)
thread.

Supposed this queer behavior is the reason why the problem has not yet
been detected by the testers.

Hope this helps,
-Michael