[Lazarus] Accessing MS SQLServer database from Lazarus/FPC?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 25 09:58:33 CET 2011

Am 24.01.2011 18:49, schrieb Bo Berglund:
> I tried to use the debugger and "step into" the query.Open method to
> see what was going on but it seems like this is not allowed by
> lazarus, it does just like I had clicked "step over".

That is because the "Open" method is located inside unit "db" which
isn't in the same folder as "sqldb" and thus has (by default) no debug
information available. You could either add the
"%fpcdir%/packages/fcl-db/src/base" directory to your project as well
(like you did with the "sqldb" path) or you need to compile the FCL with
debug information (I'd need to look it up, so it might be simpler to use
the first version).
Then you should be able to step into the "query.Open" method.

Another possibility would be to place a breakpoint in one of the
"TSQLQuery" methods (inside "sqldb"), but here you'd need to know the
rough layout of the code flow FPC's database system uses.

Regards,
Sven