[Lazarus] What is the future of NoGUI widget set?

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Tue Jan 25 10:18:45 CET 2011

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 06:45:53 +0000
> Frank Church <vfclists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am finding the NoGUI option useful in converting projects using
>> TDataModules to Linux, but there is some talk about phasing it out.
>
> There are no plans to phase it out.
>

>> Can anyone clarify the original purpose behind its existence and whether it
>> is problem free so long as no forms or controls are activated within the
>> App?
>
> Its purpose is to create non gui tools from gui
> applications.

Can you expand on that ?

Because to me, that sentence sounds like someone scratching his nails over a
blackboard... If an application is well-designed, the back-end has no GUI
dependencies and can be re-used in any environment, GUI or not.

In the use case of the original code:
When using a TDatamodule, there is no GUI, hence there should be no need for
the nogui module ?

Michael.