[Lazarus] Liberation Sans font availability under Linux (alternative to Arial)

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Jan 25 10:46:50 CET 2011

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Op 2011-01-25 11:04, Marco van de Voort het geskryf:
>> If I do a locate for "liberation" I don't find anything on my fc14 system
>
> Thanks for the info. Under Ubuntu 10.04 they are located at:
>
>    /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-liberation/*
>

> I just installed openSUSE 11.3 in a VM session, and I see it includes as
> standard the Liberation fonts. Ubuntu 9.10 doesn't though. So it seems
> only newer versions of distros are starting to include those fonts.

It's on the currently-stable Debian ("Lenny") but not on the previous
one ("Etch"), this could have a knock-on effect for derivatives such as
Ubuntu. In particular, I wonder whether any of the older Ubuntu LTS
releases are still in significant use but don't have them.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk