[Lazarus] ERROR compiling Lazarus for first time on Windows 7 Ultimate OS. Fatal: Can't find unit system used by AllLCLUnits

Pew (piffle.the.cat) piffle.the.cat at iinet.net.au
Tue Jan 25 16:31:53 CET 2011

<piffle.the.cat at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> > Hi pascal list,
> >
> > Please excuse me asking such a basic question, but I'm new to this list.
> >
> > I require the basic instructions for quick start with subversion for all of
> > the free pascal compiler using subversion.
> >
> > I am using Windows 7 Ultimate and I am new to Free Pascal and Lazarus.
> >
> > I have previously used Linux Ubuntu and Mint 10 with stable version of free
> > Pascal and Lazarus.
> >
> > I am not wanting to use a pirate copy of Delphi XE and I am a supporter of
> > free pascal and the GNU GPL 3 license.
> >
> > I have been reading the Development Tutorial (a.k.a Build FAQ)
> >
> > Copy and paste follows from the Dev. Tut. pdf file, section 1.3.3 (with my
> > comments //). Please note the crap characters when I copy and pasted it.
> >
> > 1.3.3 Downloading source via SVN
> > „To c™he™k out a— module use the follow line:
> > svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/<module>/trunk <module>
> > #
> > # Examples:
> > #
> > # FPC
> > # svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk fpc
> > #
> > # fpcdocs
> > #
> > svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcdocs/trunk fpcdocs
> > #
> > # fpcprojects (has no branches, maybe you don't need /trunk at the end)
> > #
> > svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcprojects/trunk fpcprojects
> > #
> > # lazarus
> > #
> > svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/trunk lazarus
> > „
> > o ™he™k out — ˜r—n™hD repl—™e  trunk  in the —˜ove lines with the
> > ˜r—n™hesG`˜r—n™h n—mebF iFgF to ™he™k out the ˜r—n™h
> > (xes•P•RX
> >
> > // to check out a branch replace trunk in the above lines with
> > branches/<branch name> E.g. To checkout the branches_2.4
> >

> > 5
> > \href{ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/snapshot/v24/source/fpc.zip}{ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/snapshot/v24/source/fpc.zip
> > 6
> > \href{ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/snapshot/v25/source/fpc.zip}{ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/snapshot/v25/source/fpc.zip
> > development series)}
> > (2.2.x)}
> > (2.5.x
> > CHAPTER 1.
> > BASE PRINCIPLES, NAMING, VERSIONS, REQUIREMENTS ETC
> > IQ
> > svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/branches/fixes_2_4 fpc-2.4.x
> > ƒpe™i(™ rele—ses —re t—gged with — t—g th—t is form—ted like ‚ivieƒi•P•R•H D
> > —nd ™—n ˜e ™he™ked out like thisX
> > svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/tags/RELEASE_2_4_0 fpc-2.4.0
I had some problems when I tried install FPC and Lazarus on WinXP.
So, after I made this tutorial:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus#Compiling.2Finstalling_FPC_and_Lazarus_from_Sources_of_SVN_.28Win32.29

...any installation on Windows I always use it.

Marcos Douglas
fpc-pascal maillist  -  fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org

>> [...]
>>> How did you install fpc 2.5.1?
>
> Well?

I followed the instructions here:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus#Compiling.2Finstalling_FPC_and_Lazarus_from_Sources_of_SVN_.28Win32.29

 > ...any installation on Windows I always use it.
 >
 > Marcos Douglas

Message from Free Pascal discussion list.