[Lazarus] What is the future of NoGUI widget set?

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Wed Jan 26 11:40:20 CET 2011

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be schrieb:

> Why do you think you need 2 processes and interprocess communication ?

A friend wants to do graphics (diagrams), using BGI, and wants to see
the results while debugging. Some time ago I wrote for him an TCP/IP
server in Delphi, that presents the diagrams. But it looked to
complicated to him, with too many libraries involved. I had the problem
that the TCP/IP libraries (Indy...) are either aimed at single
transactions, or at least lack any examples for continued communication
betweeen the server and a client.

I can imagine that more such client-server apps can make life easier,
for specific use cases.

DoDi