[Lazarus] What is the future of NoGUI widget set?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Jan 26 13:06:09 CET 2011

On 01/25/2011 10:33 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> I also can't understand the point of the
> 'nogui' widgetset.
In fact its "Widget Type". (Not that I like this name, but somebody did
name it so.)
>   An application is or GUI or non-GUI (latter
> requiring no widgetset at all).
Yep, but as the Timers, the Event Queue handling (and AFAIK the
Exception handling) is implemented in the "Widget Type" code a noGUI
Widget Type that provides such things does make sense (the current
version of the noGUI Widget Type does not provide Timers and Event Queue).

-Michael