[Lazarus] What is the future of NoGUI widget set?

Frank Church vfclists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 16:37:53 CET 2011

On 26 January 2011 15:23, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho <
felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 3:56 PM, Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de>
> wrote:
> > In fact I did ask Martin and he did agree that I am allowed to offer his
> > code to Lazarus, but I really consider it bad design and difficult to
> > maintain to have multiple completely unsynced implementations of the same
> > functionality in the same source code tree.(We did discuss this already
> some
> > years go.)
>
> Actually it is the opposite of what you are thinking. It's not a
> matter of being allowed to share. This question is never present in
> GPL/LGPL, sharing is always allowed. Not sharing is what might be
> prohibited, depending on what use you make of this software.

I think what Michael is saying is he doesn't want to make a gift of
something which will lead you down a path of twisty turning winding passages
all of which will lead you to nowhere quickly.

It is the kind of code you don't want to attempt to unravel - better to
start of with a clean slate.

> --
> Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
>
> --