[Lazarus] ERROR compiling Lazarus for first time on Windows 7 Ultimate OS. Fatal: Can't find unit system used by AllLCLUnits

Peter Eric Williams piffle.the.cat at iinet.net.au
Wed Jan 26 18:53:55 CET 2011

Hi Marcos,

On 1/26/2011 3:48 AM, Marcos Douglas wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Pew (piffle.the.cat)
> <piffle.the.cat at iinet.net.au>  wrote:
>> I followed the instructions here:
>>
>> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus#Compiling.2Finstalling_FPC_and_Lazarus_from_Sources_of_SVN_.28Win32.29
> As I said, I changed this tutorial so, do it again, please.
Quote:

> See:http://www.freepascal.org/down/i386/win32.var. Download FPC as one
> big file, unzip it and run the install.exe.

I now have Free Pascal 2.4.2 compiler installed on Windows from the
installation file.

> Extending your PATH variable to the fpc directory:
>
>     * Win98: Edit autoexec.bat and add the line:
>       PATH=%PATH%;C:\pp\bin\bin\win32
>     * WinXP/2k: My Computer (Right Click) -> Properties -> Advanced
>       (Page) -> Environment Variables -> System Variables -> Edit
>       "PATH", Add "C:\pp\bin\bin\win32" there.
>
> Then restart windows.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate and there is no autoexec.bat and no My
Computer icon.

I have looked under Settings / Control Panel / All Control Panel Items
and I cannot find any reference to either the autoexec.bat file nor the
PATH (or any other) environment variable.

Help.

Best Regards,
Peter / pew