[Lazarus] about TDbf

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu Jan 27 19:37:43 CET 2011

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011, hector fiandor wrote:

> Dear Mr. VanCanneyt:
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> In the TDbf tutorial by Micha Nelissen it is included an example.
>
> If I prepare an utility application for "reestructure tables", maybe i can
> read the original table and the .mdx files, then introduce the new
> TDbfFieldDefs collection as the Nelissen'example, built and run, obtain new
> table and mdx files and copy to the original application. This is correct?

Yes. I do not know if index files are corrected. It may be that indexes must be rebuilt.

> I have done something as described, but using others commands, and it looks
> rudimentary for me if we have a property/method for that.

I am not sure I understand this remark. What could be more simple than the RestructureTable ?

Maybe it is possible to add something like

ResizeField(FieldName,NewSize)

and

RenameField(OldFieldName,NewfieldName)

These methods should be simple to implement.
But the advantage of the RestructureTable command is that it can do multiple fields at once.

Michael.