[Lazarus] "Select another LCL Widget Set"

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Jan 28 11:18:33 CET 2011

On 01/27/2011 05:25 PM, Henry Vermaak wrote:
> embedded doesn't necessarily
> mean gui-free.
You are (increasingly) right, As memory and CPU resources get cheaper,
including a GUI in embedded projects gets more common. (In fact this is
why I gave up active development for the "active noGUI" Widget Type I
had been planning and already did a test-implementation of.)

OTOH regarding the discussed issue, gui-free just means "without a
local, directly linked GUI". There are projects that ask attaching for
non-local GUI, using some dedicated interface to attach the GUI e.g. (1)
CGI with HTML, ExtJS or Silverlight, or (2) a daemon that can be
monitored by a configuration program, (3) an Android app that is
attached to a fully integrated Android-style GUI done in Java.

This is all about separating the GUI and the "business" logic - as
recently discussed here.

-Michael