[Lazarus] DefaultTranslator, LCLGetLanguageIDs and Portuguese language trouble...

Marcelo B de Paula marcbp at terra.com.br
Sat Jan 29 01:29:51 CET 2011

Hi list,

I am having some trouble using my native language with Lazarus applications
(Brazilian Portuguese).
IDE itself works fine with its translated language files, but the tools
included with it (lazde for example) and programs using DefaulTranslator, do
not recognize the correct language files.

The portuguese language files have an extension ".pb.po". Unfortunatelly,
function LCLGetLanguageIDS returns "pt_BR" or "pt" as a locale
identification. Its correct in OS point of view, but make translations
routines unusable since they can´t find the correct files.

I really don´t know why these files was standardized with "pb" instead of
"pt".

I intend to submit a patch to modify LCLProc.pas to change the "pt" to "pb",
when detected, to solve this problem once and for all.

Did anyone else are having similar problem ?

Any suggestions on this matter are welcomed.

Marcelo.