[Lazarus] DefaultTranslator, LCLGetLanguageIDs and Portuguese language trouble...

S. M. Falcao sfalcao at ig.com.br
Sat Jan 29 23:38:09 CET 2011

Hello all,

The Language is the same but the each side has many prefered local words
much specialy in computer related translations:

brazilians tend to adapt original expressions for their use, like:

Delete                   -> Deletar
Video Monitor    -> Monitor de video
Format                 -> Formatar
Mouse                  -> Mouse
etc...

while portuguese prefer create their own portuguese words

IMO two different translations are the best option, unfortunately my
knoledge do not permits me to go trough technical issues yet