[Lazarus] CGILazIDE cannot be found...

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 31 19:41:13 CET 2011

Am 31.01.2011 17:27, schrieb Bo Berglund:
>>> Anyway, I stopped the process after answering yes to this and the
>>> following similar dialogue and instead went to the rebuild of the
>>> complete lazarus IDE and now I have done this and the 5dpo component
>>> tab appears in the IDE, so I thought that all was done.
>>> But not....
>>> I cannot compile my test application, which uses sdposerial because:
>>> formmain.pas(9,13) Fatal: Can't find unit SdpoSerial used by formmain
>>>
>>> Why can it not find it this time?
>> Have you tried right click on the message and use "Search unit"?
>>
> No, I did not know about such a shortcut. Instead I located the
> project options and in CompilerOptions/Paths/OtherUnitFiles I added
> the path to the unit file that was missing.
> But I still do not know if this is the right place. It will probably
> only affect this project so it has to be repeated for the next.
> I would have thought that adding a component to the IDE pallet would
> also make its location known to the IDE so it can find the file that
> corresponds to the dropped component when compiling....

While adding the path to CompilerOptions/Paths/OtherUnitFiles is a
possibilty I personally don't consider it the "clean" way. Open the
Project Inspector and click the "plus". Select the Tab "Dependency" and
search for your Sdpo package in the combobox. Now click Ok. Your package
will appear as dependency in the Project Inspector besides LCL (and
maybe FCL).
You can now remove the path you added to
CompilerOptions/Paths/OtherUnitFiles again and then your application
should compile succesfully.

Regards,
Sven