[Lazarus] Updating a field from an OnEditButtonClick event (fixed)

Julio César Gázquez julio at mebamutual.com.ar
Thu Jul 7 14:56:34 CEST 2011

El 30/06/11 05:13, Luca Olivetti escribió:
> Al 29/06/2011 17:53, En/na Julio César Gázquez ha escrit:
>
>> However, I found that in the OnEditButtonClick event I can't put the
>> dataset in dsEdit state, the Edit procedure has no visible effect and
>> the field assignment triggers an exception.
>>
> Works here, lazarus 0.9.30, fpc 2.4.2, zeos 6.6.4 (with some local
> modifications to make it compile under current lazarus).
> (In my program I used a TRxDBGrid, and I'm quite pissed that now the
> headings are awful, but I also tested with a plain TDbGrid).
I've built again fcl-db with debugging symbols and find the problems lie
on datasource code triggered when the dataset propagates the event in
the append code. If I detach the datasource before calling Edit it works
as intended.

BTW, I'm using fpc 2.4.4 from a recent build of 0.9.30+fixes, could it
be a regression?

--
/Ing. Julio César Gázquez / MEBA - Mutual de Empleados del Banco/ /
                Mitre 923 1º Piso