[Lazarus] -WG compiler parameter issue in cross-platform projects

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 10:16:59 CEST 2011

Hi,

Last night I switched to FPC 2.5.1 and tried to compile my project. I
got a compiler error because I had the "Windows GUI application" (-WG
compiler parameter) checked in my project setting.

Lazarus being cross-platform and all, how am I supposed to handle this
issue in a Lazarus project? Now (currently) I can't simply open the
project under Linux and compile - I have to first untick the compiler
option. But I can simply compiler under Windows - but I must remember to
have that option ticked.

Any ideas on how to handle this FPC (platform specific) change
gracefully in Lazarus projects?

Note:
In older versions of FPC (like 2.4.4) the -WG parameter was simply
ignored under any platform other than Windows. In Trunk it now gives a
compiler error! :-(

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/