[Lazarus] Memory need on ARM

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Jul 14 14:17:30 CEST 2011

Hi Experts,

We are designing a controller PCB using Linux on an ARM CPU.

We would like to run Lazarus generated programs with a GUI on this
hardware.

Now we would like to know how much RAM is necessary (besides the
"Business Logic" variables the program uses).

I suppose we will need to use some Widget Set (QT ?, GKT ?) and X11
Server, even though the GUI should only be visible via VNC via TCP/IP.

The controller (TI AM1808) does have graphics hardware, but I don't
suppose that this makes much difference.

What (free) Widget set should be used ?

How much RAM is necessary ?

Thanks for any hints,
-Michael