[Lazarus] Status of Service Applications Revisited

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 15:27:06 CEST 2011

I was just reviewing FPC and Lazarus service capabilities.

Presently, I must install the lazdaemon package to enable Lazarus to
build Service Applications.  Years have passed without the default
option to create a service application?  Why must I install a package
to create a basic platform essential application.

Does anyone else want to address this issue?  I'd like to see Lazarus
have the option to create Service Apps "out of the box".  I would
suggest, that for platforms that are supported, install the package
with all the other packages.  For platform installation with no
package support for lazdaemon, just don't include that package.

Comments?