[Lazarus] Does using GtkFrame in LCL make sense?

Max Vlasov max.vlasov at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 15:34:13 CEST 2011

2011/7/1 zeljko <zeljko at holobit.net>

> On Friday 01 of July 2011 14:17:15 Max Vlasov wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>

> > I recently created report http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=19658
>

> > This was about panels that behave a little differently to panels in Lazarus
>
> > Windows and Delphi. There were no comments or feedback request there so I
>
> > decided to take a look
>
> 1.It's changed to GtkFrame with r31280
>
> LCL GTK2: Make Panel.OnPaint work. Patch from August Klein, issue #19488

Good news it was just half month ago, I see the post by August Klein (reporter)

| 2011-06-14 03:36
| I upload my proposed patch for this bug. It consists in rewriting of
GTK2 Panel
| component. Now it
| uses a Frame (as Qt) instead of ScrolledWindow.
| It also fixes 0017662 and 0017775.

So at least not so many forms will be affected if the positioning is changing.
The bad news is that three problems were fixed by moving from
ScrollingWindow to Frame, now I suggest to fix another one by
returning, not so much on my side  :)
By the way, I tried to catch OnPaint for current (frame) control and
failed, it did not fire.

> I don't like to use GtkScrolledWin in place of simple widget. Can it be changed to something else (like pure GtkWindow and then draw border if needed) ?

I tried, but even access violation appeared, seems like GtkWindow is
not intended to be used as a child

Hmm, the situation is still very complex...

Max