[Lazarus] IDE flaws

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri Jul 1 16:41:11 CEST 2011

On 01/07/2011 15:28, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

>> You should still be able to drag/drop it back to the original window,
>> holding CTRL for copy/clone
>
> No target responds to dragging, regardless of CTRL :-(
>
> BTW, CTRL is the wrong modifier, it's intended to *ignore* all
> possible targets.

Is there an official definition for that somewhere?

Because even microsoft uses it that way. Using the windows (file) explorer:
- If I drag/drop a file (with no modifier key): It is movedor copied
(depends on same/other disk
- With CTRL: always copy
- with shift: always move

In none of those cases any modifier key has anything todo with "ignoring
possible targets"