[Lazarus] RE : RE : RE : RE : RE : RE :FPC_REQUIRES_PROPER_ALIGNMENTdefinedonSolariscausescrash in lazarus

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Sun Jul 3 17:49:52 CEST 2011

> > [TJITForms.DoCreateJITComponent] Error Error: CreateNewClass
> > new aligned
> > TypeData
> >    Stack trace:
> >    $00719F38  TJITCOMPONENTLIST__CREATENEWJITCLASS,  line 1473 of
> > /usr/local/share/lazarus-newstable/designer/jitforms.pp
>
> I haven't run into that one. Looking at jitforms.pp, the code
> checks whether the PTypeData points to the location after
> Typeinfo.name and raises the exception if it isn't the case.
> To be confirmed by the developer that wrote the code but I
> guess the purpose was to anticipate alignment problems such
> as the one I fixed. If that is the case then the check could
> simply be removed.

Was able to reproduce the problem. Just a matter of component name length.

I removed the check in jitforms.pp (comment line 1471 to 1473, if .. then
raise ... ) and at first sight that solves this problem. A confirmation
about the purpose of the check from one of the developers would be helpfull.
Still working on the problem in StdCodeTools.

Ludo