[Lazarus] Docking Support

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 08:00:28 CEST 2011

On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 04:46, Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
> Of course Paul is right, when he tells me to "not change the LCL radically",
> but I see many items that suffer from a poor design. Unfortunately it is not
> easy to replace obvious misfeatures in the LCL and IDE by other features,
> due to the lack of proper encapsulation. IMO Lazarus still is in the
> "downward spiral", with immense bloat and spaghettis here and there, that
> will become unmanageable in the end.

Sorry for off-topic, but I have to join with this rant.
There is a balance between backwards-compatibility and good design,
and I am saddened to see that design-improving patches are rejected
for fear of theoretical compatibility problems, while at the same
time core developers introduce incompatibilities themselves fairly regularly.

--
Alexander S. Klenin