[Lazarus] instantfpc has moved

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sun Jul 10 11:04:55 CEST 2011

On Sun, 10 Jul 2011 19:04:37 +1100
Alexander Klenin <klenin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 18:56, Mattias Gaertner
> <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
> >> Perhaps it is obvious to you, but I'd propose to store the source hash
> >> instead of source itself,
> >> and include compiler version in said hash. It will not solve unit
> >> dependency issue,
> >> but still would be an improvement IMHO.
> >
> > If you know a fast check for the compiler version, feel free to
> > implement it. Otherwise this should be optional.
> >

> Is fpc -v too slow?

yes

I guess you mean fpc -iW

It starts two executables, fpc and ppccpu, so it increases
the time of running a simple program more than twice plus it needs
more memory. On a normal Linux system this is ok, so it can be done by
default.
There should be a parameter and an environment variable to disable this
check.
Michael VC already suggested to add support for a config file.

Mattias