[Lazarus] RE : RE : RE : RE : RE : RE:RE:RE:RE:FPC_REQUIRES_PROPER_ALIGNMENTdefinedonSolariscausescrashinlazarus

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Jul 11 15:17:44 CEST 2011

Ludo Brands wrote:
>> Again, running a guest (rather than host) Qemu should allow you to
>> specify the size, since it doesn't refer to the emulated hardware or
>> (the equivalent of) a BIOS or OBP. I run 16-bits as standard,
>> I've not
>> checked whether that's what I actually get but visually I see
>> no obvious
>> problems.
>>

> Not sure what you mean with "guest Qemu" and "host Qemu" . Is that what Qemu
> calls "User Mode Emulation" and "Full System Emulation"? qemu-arm vs
> qemu-system-arm?

That was a typo. I meant to say that a guest VNC (i.e. what I'm using)
should allow you to specify the size and other parameters of the screen
it is simulating, while the host VNC (i.e. provided by Qemu, which is
what you're using) is generally defined by the hardware being emulated
and by its associated firmware (PC BIOS, Sun OBP etc.).

I typically find myself starting the Qemu and UML sessions I've
described from an X session on the host, so that if they want to display
their console in an xterm they can do so. I could probably tweak the
parameters to prevent that, in general if I need a shell session I far
prefer direct SSH since that gives me full control over presentation and
minimises the performance hit.

If I understand things correctly "User Mode Emulation" (which I've not
played with) allows you to run e.g. an ARM Linux program on a PC Linux
host, while "Full System Emulation" allows you to emulate an entire
computer.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk