[Lazarus] Frames etc. problems

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Tue Jul 12 14:13:27 CEST 2011

Mattias Gaertner schrieb:

>  > 3) Sometimes it helps to remove the frames, and to add them again, but
>  > not always.
>

> Helps for what?

A general question, Before I start submitting bug reports:

Does there exist documentation about frame *development*?

When I have a form with embedded frames, and then modify an frame, what
changes are transparent to the forms where the frame is already used?

E.g. adding methods should not be a problem, while changes to the GUI
may not be reflected properly (as expected) in the container forms?

Should a form.lfm contain settings for *components* in the frame, after
such settings are changed in the frame itself? It looks to me as if the
form tries to retain the previous settings, and the designer inserts
according overrides in the form.lfm.

Example:

During development of the form's GUI I notice that a combobox contains
its name in the Text property. Since this is unwanted in general, I
modify the combobox.Text in the *frame*. Can I expect that this change
is reflected in the *form* immediately, or after closing and reopening
the form designer?

Does it make a difference, whether the form is open in the designer, or
whether the form.lfm is open in the editor (view form as...), when
properties of an embedded frame are changed inside the frame?

It would help a lot when there existed documentation about what's going
on in the form and frame designers, so that a user can know what
(possibly unwanted) behaviour is by design, how to avoid it, and what
can be considered a bug.

DoDi