[Lazarus] -WG compiler parameter issue in cross-platform projects

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 11:43:34 CEST 2011

On 07/14/2011 10:32 AM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

> One solution is creating a windows-only build mode, but I don't
> remember if 0.9.30 has build modes, since I always use trunk...

My version (0.9.30.1) does have a option for build modes, but the -WG
fall under the "Linking" settings. I'll have to figure out how build
modes work in Lazarus first.

>> Was a solution found for latest Lazarus IDE in Trunk branch?
>
> Yes, the IDE will only add this option for windows targets.

OK, I'll update my Lazarus then, because currently it doesn't do that in
0.9.30.x

> Although I still think this is a bug in FPC.

+1  What is the point of 'cross-platform support' then? Letting the
compiler simply ignore parameters that ain't relevant for the target
seems a rather simple solution - at it worked like that for years.
Except now.

Thanks for the info Felipe.

Regards,
  - Graeme -