[Lazarus] How would you organize build directories for different versions?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 16:16:18 CEST 2011

On 07/14/2011 01:17 PM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> I compared to common Delphi setting of having one global output directory.

Then I don't do it like Delphi either. I have a output directory per
project and then per target platform inside that, not one huge output
directory as was done in Delphi 7.

> You can define a project macro and use that in each package custom options.
> See here
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Macros_and_Conditionals#Add_a_release.2Fdebug_mode

Thanks, I'll take a look.

> If it so difficult to reproduce, why is it a "huge frustration"?

Because when it happens it is unexpected. So I probably waisted about 40
minutes to an hour debugging something that it solved simply by forcing
a recompile of all units.

> It is a huge frustration to read such mails.

:-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/