[Lazarus] How would you organize build directories for different versions?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Jul 14 21:45:33 CEST 2011

On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 17:49:31 +0200
Bart <bartjunk64 at gmail.com> wrote:

>[...]
> To make clear what I want:
> In all projects I have available a Debug and Release mode, these modes
> are the same for all projects I make/open.
> The options I set in these modes do not force installed packages to be
> re-build with my options (-gl -gh etc).
>
> Is such a thing even possible (and is fo, how)?

You could create a project template with the two build modes.
This is somewhat static. That means when you want to change the -gl
into -ghl then you have to change all projects.

To get it more dynamic you can store the options in a package:
Create a package, let's say bartssettings.lpk. Define
two build macros bartssettings_options and bartssettings_modes. Add
two values to bartssettings_modes: release and debug.
Add in conditionals:
if bartssettings_modes='release' then
  bartssettings_options:='-O3'
else
  bartssettings_options:='-gh -gl';

Then in the usage / custom options set $(bartssettings_options).
Every project that uses this package can now choose the build
macro bartssettings_modes to get the options.

Mattias