[Lazarus] Building Lazarus for Windows

Frank Church vfclists at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 13:41:00 CEST 2011

On 16 July 2011 23:22, Marcos Douglas <md at delfire.net> wrote:

> 2011/7/16 Frank Church <vfclists at gmail.com>
> >
> > I had a go buidling Lazarus with this short script
> >>
> >> set oldpath=%PATH%
> >>
> >> PATH=M:\Lazarus\Binutils;%PATH%
> >>
> >> make clean all PP=M:\FreePascal\251_17989\bin\i386-win32\ppc386.exe
> >>
> >> make install INSTALL_PREFIX=M:\LazarusExes\binaries\0931_30714
> PP=M:\FreePascal\251_17989\bin\i386-win32\ppc386.exe
> >>
> >> PATH=%oldpath%
> >

> > It appears to compile okay except adding packages to the IDE doesn't
> work. It goes through the steps okay, but nothing get's added to the IDE
> >
> > Is this all I need to compile Lazarus?  Lazarus was installed in
> c:\lazarus rather than M:\LazarusExes\binaries\0931_30714  where I wanted
> it.
> >

> > Are there some additional options to the build  I missed out?
> >

> > Is the source for building the windows snapshots available?
>
> See this:
>
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus#Compiling.2Finstalling_FPC_and_Lazarus_from_Sources_of_SVN_.28Win32.29
>
> After you got the lazarus.exe, just use the IDE to compile it self and
> your packages installed.
>
> Marcos Douglas
>
> --
> _____

I am getting a whole load of errors when I try to recompile it. **** 1887
error during make ****.

If it is a worthwhile hint, the Help About dialog does not show the SVN
version, unless it is because I deleted the .svn folders to make it a
smaller download

In relation to the inadequate information on the wiki, the source code for
building the Lazarus snapshots must be out there somewhere.

Is it available in Lazarus repository? That will be a whole lot better than
the trial and error process Lazarus users go through every day.

Frank Church