[Lazarus] Building Lazarus for Windows

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 16:57:29 CEST 2011

You must be doing something wrong then.

* Assuming fpc binaries and binutils are in %path%
* After updating the sources from svn:

cd \path_to_lazarus_sources
make clean all OPT='-gl'

that should be all.
(Then in Lazarus IDE set compiler to the same one you used to build
Lazarus, or things go wrong.)

Done that hundreds of times on WinME.

Bart

PS. If you are in bad luck, the sources will not build, because there
is an error in latest trunk.
Most of the times pretty easy to find out what and where and then
patch it (and report in Mantis)