[Lazarus] Building Lazarus for Windows

Frank Church vfclists at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 17:15:41 CEST 2011

On 17 July 2011 15:57, Bart <bartjunk64 at gmail.com> wrote:

> You must be doing something wrong then.
>
> * Assuming fpc binaries and binutils are in %path%
> * After updating the sources from svn:
>
> cd \path_to_lazarus_sources
> make clean all OPT='-gl'
>
> that should be all.
> (Then in Lazarus IDE set compiler to the same one you used to build
> Lazarus, or things go wrong.)
>
> Done that hundreds of times on WinME.
>
> Bart
>
> PS. If you are in bad luck, the sources will not build, because there
> is an error in latest trunk.
> Most of the times pretty easy to find out what and where and then
> patch it (and report in Mantis)
>
> On 7/17/11, Frank Church <vfclists at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> PP=M:\FreePascal\251_17989\bin\i386-win32\ppc386.exe

> >> work. It goes through the steps okay, but nothing get's added to the IDE

> >> c:\lazarus rather than M:\LazarusExes\binaries\0931_30714  where I
> wanted
> >> it.

> >> See this:
> >>

> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus#Compiling.2Finstalling_FPC_and_Lazarus_from_Sources_of_SVN_.28Win32.29
> >>
> >> After you got the lazarus.exe, just use the IDE to compile it self and
> >> your packages installed.

What of the installation phase, when you have to copy the Lazarus build to
the location of your choice, which is not c:\lazarus?

I have it working near perfectly for on Linux, how do you accomplish that on
Windows.

It looks like the responses are for installing into c:\lazarus, which is
what happened in my build until I used the INSTALL_PREFIX option.

As I mentioned earlier if the snapshots are built flawlessly every time,
then there is a script that does it and can make things simpler for everyone
else.

INSTALL_PREFIX works fine with Linux.

I'll have another go and get back with the results.

>> Marcos Douglas
> >>
> >> --
> >> _____
> >>

> > I am getting a whole load of errors when I try to recompile it. **** 1887
> > error during make ****.
> >
> > If it is a worthwhile hint, the Help About dialog does not show the SVN
> > version, unless it is because I deleted the .svn folders to make it a
> > smaller download
> >

> > In relation to the inadequate information on the wiki, the source code
> for
> > building the Lazarus snapshots must be out there somewhere.
> >
> > Is it available in Lazarus repository? That will be a whole lot better
> than
> > the trial and error process Lazarus users go through every day.

> > --
> > Frank Church

Frank Church