[Lazarus] Building Lazarus for Windows

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 17:41:05 CEST 2011

On 7/17/11, Frank Church <vfclists at gmail.com> wrote:
> What of the installation phase, when you have to copy the Lazarus build to
> the location of your choice, which is not c:\lazarus?

Well I have a simple setup:

I do not use snapshots for Lazarus.
I only have the sources.
I installed Fpc (currently 2.4.4) from binaries.

All the Lazarus sources are in
H:\Programmas\SvnLaz
This is where the makefile for Lazarus is.

Fpc and the binutils are in
H:\Programmas\Fpc\bin\i386-win32
(The Fpc setup program put them there)
(I have only one (stable) fpc, so my setup is very simple)

I have three batchfiles to controll the update and build process:

lazup.bat
-------------------------------------
@echo off
set oldpath=%path%
set path=E:\Programma's\Subversion\bin
H:
cd \Programmas\SvnLaz
REM Show current dir
cd
copy /y ide\revision.inc ide\revision.old > nul
svn update
SET PATH=%oldpath%
---------------------------------------

LazRevision.bat:
---------------------------------------
@echo off
set oldpath=%path%
set path=E:\Programma's\Subversion\bin
H:
cd \Programmas\SvnLaz
REM Show current dir
cd
H:
cd \Programmas\SvnLaz
F:\LazarusProjecten\svn2revision\svn2revisioninc -v
H:\Programmas\SvnLaz H:\Programmas\SvnLaz\ide\revision.inc
set PATH=%oldpath%
---------------------------------------

and finally

LazMake.bat
---------------------------------------
@echo off
set oldpath=%path%
H:
cd \Programmas\SvnLaz
set path=h:\programmas\fpc\bin\i386-win32
make clean all OPT=-gl
SET PATH=%oldpath%

After all that, the new lazarus is built in H:\Programmas\LazSvn.

> INSTALL_PREFIX works fine with Linux.

I never needed that with my setup.

Bart