[Lazarus] Problem Finding Units

David Riley dmfnr1 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 07:48:11 CEST 2011

On Sun, 2011-07-10 at 15:20 +0200, Bart wrote:
> On 7/9/11, David Riley <dmfnr1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I've done some experimenting with just the highlighter unit and an empty
> > project, and when I removed the {$I synedit.inc} line from the
> > highlighter (I'm currently using none of the defines in the file anyway)
>
> That looks rather unusual to me, using this include.
> The sysnedit.inc does not belong to you, it is part of the
> implementation section of (I assume) synedit.pp.
>
> I don't think it is good practice to include it in another unit.
>
> Bart

That's a good point, the reason it was in my source file was because I
started the highlighter based on the Visual Basic highlighter because
mine is for the Free Basic language and I figured it would be a good
start.  It just contains some defines for conditional compilation and
I've since removed the file as I don't really need it while I'm
developing and testing.  I doubt I'll be using it at all as I couldn't
care less about Delphi or C++ Builder compatibility for my project.