[Lazarus] Building Lazarus for Windows

Frank Church vfclists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 10:01:20 CEST 2011

On 18 July 2011 00:03, Frank Church <vfclists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 17 July 2011 16:31, leledumbo <leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id> wrote:
>
>> Lazarus' makefile is different from FPC, it expects LAZARUS_INSTALL_DIR
>> instead of INSTALL_PREFIX for installation location
>>

> I use INSTALL_PREFIX on LInux and it works every time.
>
> Does the Tools |  Build IDE create a batch file that can be run step by
> step to check the result?
>
> Does it use some commands which may be duplicated by other programs on the
> path?
>
> Is there a way to check that?
>
> Does the ..\fpc\2.4.0\bin\i386-win32 directory contain all the secondary
> utilities required by Lazarus and FreePascal to work correctly?
>
> To be frank (no pun intended) I think this approach of depending on the
> wiki to build Lazarus is wrong. If the code for building the snapshots is
> somewhere in the repository we should be able to look at it and adapt it.
> After all it is tested everyday, can install into any location and works
> correctly every time (not sure about this though ;) ).

I noticed that the Make path was empty, and after comparing to the other
installations it seems that the ..\fpc\bin\i386-32 did not contain the full
set of files. There were only 48 files the compared with the 70 or so in the
others, and make was one of the missing ones. The package recompile was
using the wrong set of utilities. The problem may have been in the FPC
compilation. So back to the drawing board on that.

--
Frank Church