[Lazarus] RE : FPC_REQUIRES_PROPER_ALIGNMENTdefinedonSolariscausescrashinlazarus

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Tue Jul 19 14:25:51 CEST 2011

> On a system dedicated to cross-development and the hosting of
> emulation
> environments, something like FatELF
> http://icculus.org/fatelf/ could be
> worthwhile.

Problem is that host and guest are in most cases running a different version
or even a different distribution of linux. Above is fine for distributing
one binary of a specific library for, say, 32 and 64 bit versions.

In the mean time I got the user emulation mode working in a chrooted
environment. The performance improvement for graphics is spectacular. Using
lazarus on sparc in user emulation is really comfortable compared to full
system emulation. Startup is twice as fast but the real difference is in
doing X intensive stuff like the pop-ups mentioned before, editing forms,
etc.

If you don't mind I'll update the Qemu wiki page to add the instructions on
how to create and run the chrooted environment. It is a small effort for the
initial set up but the payback in productivity is enormuous.

Ludo