[Lazarus] trying to enhance the lcl help file

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Jul 21 09:21:11 CEST 2011

On 07/20/2011 06:13 PM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

>> I understand that I can use same to *edit* the help files, but in the
>> end I understand that I need to *test* the result  to be sure that I
>> don't break anything.
> ?
> Do you mean if it has a bug?
?
If I offer a patch, I want to be sure that it is as bug-free as
possible. Regarding the doc this includes creating at least one decent
help file (i.e. *.if for DocView) containing my modification and verify
that this works and that the result looks as I think it should. If I
fail to create a decent patch, I would not bother anybody with same.

This is independent of the way I would do the modifications.

-Michael