[Lazarus] Documentation style

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Sat Jul 23 15:29:45 CEST 2011

 >> Many descriptions only describe the obvious, like method names
expressed
 >> in more words. Such descriptions are quite useless, and should be
 >> replaced by more informative ones. I'd suggest to remove all these
 >> descriptions (replace by a todo-marker?), until somebody can describe
 >> the elements better.
 > I doubt that this should be done for all.
 > What if the method just does what the name says?

Then no extra documentation is needed. But just repeating the name with
other words is realy ridiculous. I am always annoyed by such obvious
statements. If there is no further useful information then don't write
anything. But I doubt that there is any function/method where the name
is enough to fully make use of it. Even if the name already gives a hint
of what a function does there is a lot more information needed to make
fully use of it and to avoid side effects caused by (false) assumptions.
I was trapped by such things already very often.