[Lazarus] RE : RE : Lazarus on Solaris 10

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Jul 27 15:35:04 CEST 2011

Ludo Brands wrote:
>> Currently working on the Wiki. I've split out the packages needed for
>> Subversion, I built it on an older server a few weeks ago and
>> experience
>> suggests that it's going to be easier to build a client from source
>> rather than pulling in Apache etc.
>>

> That is indeed a problem with packages: you pull in a lot of unused stuff.
> Subversion client uses libapr and libaprutil which is in the apache package.
> Don't know if you can get around that dependency by building from source.

It needed libapr, but that was available as a secondary subversion-deps
source bundle. Getting a standalone svn server running locally was a bit
of a no-brainer, I /really/ didn't want to risk messing up the version
of Apache on the system in question.

>> What version of the libpng package have you got (and what's
>> the command
>> to check)? I'm getting
>>
>> Linking ../lazarus
>> /usr/local/lib/libcairo.so: undefined reference to
>> `png_set_expand_gray_1_2_4_to_8'
>>
>> and since Cairo's been updated I suspect libpng should be as well.

That's what I was thinking, but I wanted to check.

> The libpng package on my system is 1.2.44. It seems I forgot to add this
> package to the list of packages to install.
>
> To confirm the installed version:
>
> $ pkginfo -il | less
>
> Type /libpng to locate.
>
> Cairo uses libpng12.so. /usr/local/lib/libpng12.so.0 points to
> libpng12.so.0.44.0

On a clean SPARC system,

    PKGINST:  SUNWpng
       NAME:  Portable Network Graphics library
   CATEGORY:  GNOME2,application,JDS3
       ARCH:  sparc
    VERSION:  20.2.6.0,REV=10.0.3.2004.12.15.14.11

It looks as though this is installed in /usr/lib, so if I understand
things correctly installing libpng from SFW should put a newer version
in /usr/local. Let's hope the result isn't too sensitive to path
misconfiguration.

> What is weird though is that the original solaris
> /usr/lib/libpng12.so.0.38.0 has png_set_expand_gray_1_2_4_to_8. I'm not sure
> anymore why I installed the libpng from SFW and if it was needed for lazarus
> or something else I installed later.

There's a possibility that you've got more updates in your Solaris than
I have. I'm using a set of CD-Rs that somebody in Sun marketing sent me
which I find conveniently robust without a great deal of patching, I'm
in no great hurry to raise my head above the parapet as far as
Sun/Oracle are concerned :-)

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk