[Lazarus] RE : RE : RE : RE : RE : Lazarus on Solaris 10

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Jul 28 22:37:48 CEST 2011

Ludo Brands wrote:
>> Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

>> The situation appears to be that there are two distinct fontconfig
>> systems, e.g.
>>
>> /usr/bin/fc-list
>> /etc/fonts.conf
>>
>> and
>>
>> /usr/local/bin/fc-list
>> /usr/local/etc/fonts.conf
>>

> Same on my system. Except that fonts.conf resides in etc/fonts/fonts.conf.
>
> When you install fontconfig (from SFW) it assumes fonts are installed in
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts.
> This is also the directory I find in /usr/local/etc/fonts/fonts.conf. But on
> my system, as indicated earlier, this directory contains symlinks to the
> /usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts subdirs.
> The fact that you have different results as root and user is because you
> adapted probably your PATH as user to include /usr/loc/bin. Which fc-list
> gives you probably a different result as root and as user. If you run
> /usr/local/bin/gtk-demo as root it will probably run.

I can confirm that is the case.

> The simplest solution to your problem is to change or add the
> <dir>/usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts</dir> entry in
> /usr/local/etc/fonts/fonts.conf

No, the simplest solution is

# pkgrm SMCfontc

Lazarus now running on SPARC Solaris, subject to an internal exception
that I'll investigate in the morning.

>>> One positive thing that I can report is that  lazbuild
>> --help  returns
>>> sensible output, even using the default (GNU?) linker.
>
> The error came up when initialising the gtk+ engine...

Appears to be Intel-specific, unless it's caused by patches which are on
your system but not mine. Considering the discussion a week or so ago, I
suspect that the Intel-architecture SFW binutils has been crossbuilt on
a BSD system.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk