[Lazarus] gtk2 notebooks

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 07:57:10 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 8:23 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
<DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
> Yes. When it's required to supply both the notebook and a page in a call of
> a Gtk routine, does this mean that the same page widget can be used safely
> for every tab of a notebook?

No idea, you can either just try it, or ask at the gtk forum:

http://www.gtkforums.com/

The documentation doesn't say anything about this:

http://developer.gnome.org/gtk/2.24/GtkNotebook.html#gtk-notebook-append-page

> And can this widget then be used for the client area of the notebook, so
> that further components can have it as their parent?

I think that for this the Handle would need to point to the client
area and not to the notebook itself (not 100% sure, however). But it
will get very nasty to maintain a common code base with TPageControl
then, because not even the Handle will be the same.

There is always the possibility of starting a new WS implementation
only for TTabControl...

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho